When you sign up for the TTRS Course you are automatically provided with an Administrator (Admin) account. However, if you are a parent, we recommend that you also create a student account for your child.
This will enable you to track their progress and receive reports on their activity. If your child has already started using the course under an Admin account, that's okay. You can easily transfer their progress to a student account - click here to learn more.
Step 1 - Create a student account
Under the Admin account - Select Students on the top menu, select Add new students then select Add manually from the drop down menu.
Enter your child's name, then select Add students at the bottom of the page.
Tip: If you enter an email address, your child will receive a copy of their login information
2. Log in to your child's account
There are two ways to log in to your child's account:
- Log in from the Admin account (or)
- Log in on another device using your child's username and password
1. Log in from the Admin account
From the Admin account (best for when you are sharing the same computer)
Visit the Students menu then select Log in as your child
You will be logged out of your Admin account and logged in to your child's account.
2. Log in using another computer / iPad
Alternatively, your child can log in separately to TTRS using their own username and password.
From the Admin account, visit Actions > Print Passwords on the Students menu to view your child's login details
Parents can use TTRS too!
As a parent, you have full access to the TTRS Course through your Admin account. We recommend you complete the first 10 modules of Level 1 (this takes around 10 minutes) before your child starts, to get a feel for the program.
It's also important to consider the best Settings for your child when he or she is using TTRS.
- Choose from different dyslexia-friendly fonts
- Turn off the on-screen hand-displays (this is good for when they have mastered the position of the keys and are confident enough to type without visual prompts)
- Turn on 'Remember and Repeat' to help with spelling (in this setting they type a word and then it disappears and they have to type it again from memory)
Learn more about Settings