- Repeat the the first and early modules (in level one) over and over again until the scores increase to above 50% or 60% before moving on.
- If the above is successful, continue this long term plan over levels one and two until fine motor coordination has been developed sufficiently to proceed to higher levels.
The following may help if motivation with your support cannot be maintained, your student is above seven years of age and you have already tried the above approach prior:
- With your support and positive encouragement, take all emphasis off touch typing. Allow your student to use which fingers work for him/her with complete comfort. This may be one finger on each hand.
- In maintaining motivation, success and satisfaction, enjoy with him/her their increasing scores.
- Look for the benefits of increasing literacy and develop over the levels of the course through the multi sensory approach.
If Approach Two is successful choose the right time to return to the start of the course ( Level one, Module One) with Approach One.