There are 24 spelling tests, one for each level in the TTRS Course. Each test consists of 20 random words.
On a student account, click on TTRS Course, select an unlocked level, and then click on the Spelling Assessment (Beta) button on the top right of the screen.
Note: The spelling assessment is only available on Student accounts and not currently available on the iPad version
During the test:
- You will be presented with a blank screen and will hear the first word play.
- Type the word and press ‘enter’ on your keyboard to submit
- Press number ‘2’ on the keyboard to repeat the word
- You will not see the on-screen keyboard and you cannot preview a word during a test.
- There will also be no red letters showing a mistake unlike in a normal module.
At the end of the test, you will be presented with a score with the list of words entered. Any mistakes are shown together with the correctly spelt word.
The test can be repeated as many times as required. When you repeat a test, the same words will be tested – and the score will show a comparison with the previous test.
To view previous test results, click the back button as shown below.
If the test is repeated at a later date, 20 random words will be generated again.
The list of all the tests taken can be found under ‘My stats’ for the student – Under ‘Tests’