Why create a subject within TTRS?
- You are a parent who wants to work through specific spelling lists or material with your child
- You are a teacher and would like students to take modules that match your classroom wordlists
- You are a tutor and would like to create custom modules to help your tutees
- You are an adult learner and would like to drill words that support your work, school, or personal goals
Tips on how to create good modules:
- Enter 3-5 words separated by a space, or one sentence per line
- Avoid using extra punctuation as users must type every mark you enter
- Limit your text to five lines, to keep module length reasonable
How do I create a subject and share it?
Create a subject and share it with your child or students in minutes
Step 1 - Visit the Subjects page from the top menu and select Add new subject
Step 2 - Enter a subject name and select a language (UK English / US English / ES Spanish) and select Create
Step 3 - Start typing your words in the box that says write your module text here
To add a new line, select the box underneath
Select Module Name to add a name (e.g. Module 1, Spelling list week 5)
- Enter 3-5 words separated by a space or one sentence per line
- Use repetition where possible
- Limit your text to 5 lines to keep module length reasonable
Select Save when you have finished creating a module.
Your subject is saved and your first module has been created. To add another module, select the "Add new module" button.
- You can add as many modules as you want, but we recommend limiting the number of modules to 30 for a level
- Consider dividing your subject into levels if you have more than 30 modules of material
Adding more levels
You can split your subjects into different levels.
To add a level, select Create new level and give your level a name (e.g. Level 2) and select Create
You can then toggle between levels and add further modules.
Sharing the Subject with your child or students
When you are ready to share the subject, select Actions and then Share for my students - the subject will appear in your child or students' subjects page immediately.
To un-share a subject, select Actions and then Hide subject
Only Administrator accounts and Adult learners can create subject within TTRS.